I almost didn’t have time to do this listy today! I got a little hung up on trying to change a printer cartridge. But I did it! Success is sweet!
Without further ado:
My Five Favorite Songs
- “Semicharmed Life” by Third Eye Blind- This song was HUGE when I was in junior high and I just kind of took to it. I think because I knew it was about sex and drugs even though it was such a feel good sound. Anyway, I still love it just so much..
- “Mr. Blue Sky” by Electric Light Orchestra- This one happened a couple of years ago. I have no idea how. I NEVER was an ELO fan but I can’t say that I ever really equated them with their music, just bad album covers of stuff that my father would never listen to. It must have just come on the radio one day or been played in the basement on some vinyl. It’s been a constant ever since.
- “20 Years in the Dakota” by Hole- I can’t not include Hole. And this song. This song. I’ve probably listened to it a million times.
- “Come on Eileen” by Dexy’s Midnight Runners- Like, how can you not?? This song just makes me want to dance around like a nut job.
- “Houses of the Holy” by Led Zeppelin- The same way I can’t not have Hole, I can’t not have Zeppelin. This song used to be my ring back tone. It’s a sweet jam.